In Brief: A few android-related things you should know (May 17, 2013)
In Brief is a compilation of notifications, rumors, and Android-related news tidbits which, for whatever reason, did not end up with a post of its own on AndroidGuys. These are things that we still feel are worth knowing, even if in a passing manner. Consider it a grab-bag of Android goodies. If you have something that you think is worth a mention on AndroidGuys, be sure to reach out to us via our contact page.
This week features an old school Kickstarter, Google I/O news, an app that turns your phone into a steering wheel, a “shot” at $1000, information on Indie Press day, and much more!
Here we go…
- This Kickstarter takes us back to the classic puzzle and platform gaming we all loved.
- Indie Press Day is almost here!
- The launch of a new localization tool at Google I/O can now help developers translate their games easier!
- Here’s something for you outdoors-men in need of a baseplate and/or bearing compass.
- OpenKit enables developers to add “smart social invites” and more across the Android platform.
- In the market for a folio-designed case for your S4? UNIEA has plenty of options.
- Take a 7 day test drive; Ultimate Car Dock (the voice recognition app) is now available on Google Play.
- Slash your writing code with Dagger: included in Square’s 7 Days of Open Source!
- Tilt Racer turns your smartphone into a steering wheel for nearly any game on a PC.
- Drone pilots can now make sure they never lose flight data with AR. Drone 2.0 Academy for Android.
BONUS: 6 extra app shout outs!
- Now through May 25th, mini-golf putting pros can “take a shot” at winning $1,000!
- Agent Dash is now available worldwide on Google Play and the Amazon Appstore.
- Have the itch for a new free-to-play MMORPG? Prepare yourself for Warspear Online!
- Multiplayer now available in PBA Bowling Challenge on Google Play.
- Need a live sports app for your Andy? Livescore from SportyTrader is ranked among the best!
- Looking for an app the not only entertains your child, but will tutor them as well? Check out Magic Paint!
You might also like
Award-winning food website, Epicurious.com has dropped their first application into the Android Market today. The freely available Epicurious’ Recipes & Shopping List: On the Go and In the Kitchen provides
Good news for those of you who own the HTC Magic. HTC recently announced that they will soon be offering a free upgrade to HTC Magic owners on Chunghwa Telecom’s
Another HTC codename/product has popped up thanks to a RadioShack screen which comes courtesy of TjCrew. The full retail price of the Intruder looks like it might be a placeholder