LG confirms Snapdragon 800 for next-gen 'G' smartphone
LG confirmed on Wednesday night that the next generation of “G” series smartphone will employ a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor. Why is it this important, you’re wondering? Because not only is it a beast in terms of performance but it’s also power-efficient and easy on the battery.
“We are pleased with continued collaboration with LG…Fully tailored and tightly integrated with the entire next G series platform, the new, best-in-class Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor will help deliver blazing fast web browsing, eye-popping graphics, seamless connectivity as well as an unmatched multimedia experience.” - Murthy Renduchintala, executive vice president, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and co-president, Qualcomm mobile and computing.
Key features in the Snapdragon 800 processor include:
- Higher speeds with Krait 400 CPUs in quad configuration to deliver greater processing and communication performance;
- Enhanced aSMP (asynchronous Symmetric Multiprocessing) architecture for dynamic power sensing and control for peak performance per core and improved battery life without the use of specialized cores;
- Fully integrated connectivity with a wide variety of communication options including 4G LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation;
- New Adreno™ 330 GPU delivering more than two times better performance for compute applications over the current Adreno 320 GPU;
- Video capture, playback and display in Ultra HD format, four times higher density than 1080p HD;
- HD multichannel audio with DTS-HD and Dolby Digital Plus, supporting higher display resolutions up to 2560 x 2048 pixels and Miracast 1080p HD; and
- Qualcomm IZat Location technology, featuring GNSS for more accurate navigation and location services.