In Brief is a compilation of notifications, rumors, and Android-related news tidbits which, for whatever reason, did not end up with a post of its own on AndroidGuys. These are things that we still feel are worth knowing, even if in a passing manner. Consider it a grab-bag of Android goodies. If you have something that you think is worth a mention on AndroidGuys, be sure to reach out to us via our contact page.
We're giving stuff away to help celebrate our tenth anniversary. Are you in?
- The CulCharge has well exceeded its goal for IndieGogo and looks to be a real winner. With three weeks to go before the project ends, it’s certainly drawing attention. Have you seen these really small charging and data cables for Android and iOS?
- Congratulations to the Gameloft team for surpassing 50 million installs of Despicable Me: Minion Rush! How many of you are playing this one?
- Popular calendar application UpTo has a brand new design and feature set. Looks really great and even more intuitive! Our favorite new detail is the “discover” option, by the way.
- Somehow, the BRAVEN 850 is less than a foot long yet it features 20 watts of high quality audio, a 2.1 charger for phones and tablets, line-in, and a battery that last for 20 hours! Housed in aircraft grade aluminum housing, this guy also offers speakerphone capabilities.
- Russian indie developer team has put together a great retro 80’s style tower defense game. Called Retro Space TD Tower Defense, there are two modes (campaign/survival) an 8-bit soundtrack, and lots of weapons and achievements!
- It’s really quite something how some of you are using Endomondo. Rather than just as a simple fitness tracking app, you’re also using it for your pets, pub crawls, and remembering where the car is parked. Surely those last two are unrelated, right?
- Evernote (and Skitch) just keep getting better all of the time; new features include PDF markup, support, integration with OfficeSuite, improved reminders, lock screen widget, and more. To be clear, some of these require premium accounts.