In Brief: Android-related things worth knowing today
In Brief is a compilation of notifications, rumors, and Android-related news tidbits which, for whatever reason, did not end up with a post of its own on AndroidGuys. These are things that we still feel are worth knowing, even if in a passing manner. Consider it a grab-bag of Android goodies. If you have something that you think is worth a mention on AndroidGuys, be sure to reach out to us via our contact page.
- The CulCharge has well exceeded its goal for IndieGogo and looks to be a real winner. With three weeks to go before the project ends, it’s certainly drawing attention. Have you seen these really small charging and data cables for Android and iOS?
- Congratulations to the Gameloft team for surpassing 50 million installs of Despicable Me: Minion Rush! How many of you are playing this one?
- Popular calendar application UpTo has a brand new design and feature set. Looks really great and even more intuitive! Our favorite new detail is the “discover” option, by the way.
- Somehow, the BRAVEN 850 is less than a foot long yet it features 20 watts of high quality audio, a 2.1 charger for phones and tablets, line-in, and a battery that last for 20 hours! Housed in aircraft grade aluminum housing, this guy also offers speakerphone capabilities.
- Russian indie developer team has put together a great retro 80’s style tower defense game. Called Retro Space TD Tower Defense, there are two modes (campaign/survival) an 8-bit soundtrack, and lots of weapons and achievements!
- It’s really quite something how some of you are using Endomondo. Rather than just as a simple fitness tracking app, you’re also using it for your pets, pub crawls, and remembering where the car is parked. Surely those last two are unrelated, right?
- Evernote (and Skitch) just keep getting better all of the time; new features include PDF markup, support, integration with OfficeSuite, improved reminders, lock screen widget, and more. To be clear, some of these require premium accounts.
You might also like
The head honcho of Acer’s smartphone division, Aymer De Lencquesaing, is doing his part to be coy regarding if and when an Android-based phone might be coming. In London today
We don’t know about you, but that’s the kind of headlines we like to see. Thanks to a proliferation of handset makers and good ol’ fashioned competition, the prices of
Verizon’s Droid 2 goes on sale today, but we get the feeling that some of you are holding out for the R2D2 edition, even without a clue as to what he looks like. Well, now you do. Thanks to twitter user @r2d2central, we see that the phone very much resembles Artoo on the back.