Verizon announces Droid Mini, Droid Maxx, and Droid Ultra
Verizon’s New York press event is wrapped up and there are now three new Motorola smartphones headed to the carrier’s doorstop. As expected, the threesome includes the Motorola Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx, and Droid Mini. Each caters to a different demographic and features little touches that set them apart from the other.
The three smartphones are set to arrive on August 20 with the following prices:
- Droid Mini – $99 with two-year service agreement
- Droid Ultra – $199 with two-year service agreement
- Droid Maxx – $299 with two-year service agreement
The Droid Maxx is essentially a successor to the current Droid Razr line of devices and offers a ridiculously great battery life of 48 hours per charge. With a slim profile of 8.5mm it’s that perfect balance of thin and long-lasting.
[pullquote1 quotes=”true” align=”center” textColor=”#f00830″] Wake up the DROID by saying “Ok Google Now” and then tell it what you want to do. And for those users who constantly lose their phone under the couch or around the house, they can simply say “Ok Google Now, call my DROID” and it will start ringing. And Active Notifications lets users preview messages and app alerts without waking their phone.[/pullquote1]
As for the Droid Ultra, it’s a beast as well and provides a 10-megapixel rear camera, Kevlar coating, and a very thin profile. At only 7.18mm this is the thinnest Droid to date.
The new Motorola handsets are powered by a new processor from Motorola called the X8 Mobile Computing System. Featuring 8 cores (two app processors, four graphics processors, one contextual computing processor, and a natural language processor), it might be more closely aligned with Samsung’s Octa-core stuff.
Additional details for the new Droid line include the custom Motorola-flavored Android build, Quick Camera, and the ability to share photos or videos with anyone in range (300 feet) with a swipe.
- DROID MINI: A compact design with an edge-to-edge 4.3-inch HD display and wireless charging capabilities.
- DROID ULTRA: The thinnest 4G LTE smartphone available, measuring 7.18mm, and with a 5-inch HD display. The ULTRA will be available in Black and Red models.
- DROID MAXX: Features wireless charging and a 3500mAh battery that gives users nearly two days of battery life on a single charge, making it the longest lasting 4G LTE smartphone available.