Google Now adds a host of new cards
Google introduced a number of new Google Now cards late last night, tossing out options for entertainment, travel, sports, and more. In addition to the fresh batch of goodies there are updates and enhancements to TV cards and public transit cards. Rolling out immediately, the cards are included in the latest update for Google Search. If you’re running Android 4.1 or later than you should see these in short order.
Details for the new cards:
- Car rentals card: Get reservation details and directions to the rental center directly in Google Now, which together with the boarding pass and hotel reservation cards, makes Google Now your ultimate travel companion.
- Concert ticket card: Going to a concert? Google Now will have your event ticket ready when you arrive at the venue; along with popular, locally relevant websites, such as the upcoming events page for the venue.
- Improved public transit cards: If you regularly take public transit, Google Now will now inform you about the last train or bus to home so you never miss it.
- Commute sharing card: When leaving work, you can now choose to inform your loved ones that you are on your way home. Learn more at http://goo.gl/bVUkLY
- Set reminders while you search: When searching for music artists, movie actors, filmmakers and TV shows on Google, you’ll see a new “remind me” button on the panel by the search results. Click on it and a Google Now reminder will show up for new albums, book releases or upcoming TV episodes.
- Updated TV card: Google Now can tell you about the news mentioned and music playing in the TV show you’re watching, in addition to program information and people mentioned in show. Simply tap on the TV card if you have a smart TV or tap on the mic and say “listen to TV”.
- NCAA football scores: Football season is about to start, and Google Now has you covered–you can now see real-time scores for your favorite NCAA team in Google Now.