Samsung Galaxy Note 3 gets unpacked at IFA
Samsung confirmed today that the Galaxy Note 3 will soon be touching down at carriers around the globe starting in October. Slated to hit all five major U.S. carriers (AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless and U.S. Cellular), the 5.7-inch Full HD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080) smartphone is a hardware beast with cutting-edge software.
Specifications include Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, a quad-core 2.3Ghz Snapdragon 800 processor, a whopping 3GB RAM, 32GB/64GB internal storage, 13-megapixel rear camera, and 3200mAh battery. Pretty much improved on every single front, the Galaxy Note 3 also comes with all sorts of new Samsung apps and services.
As a member of the Note family, this guy sees a host of improvements and enhancements in the Air Command feature. What’s more, you’ll also find enhanced multi-tasking and note-taking capabilities in the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
Software enhancements in the Galaxy Note 3:
- Action Memo allows users to handwrite a note, and automatically execute a function or convert that handwritten information into formatted content. Action Memo can instantly initiate a call, add to contacts, look up an address on a map, search the web, save a task to a to-do list, and more
- Scrapbook enables users to organize or track down content and information from various sources including the web, YouTube and Gallery in one place so that users can easily look back at collected content all at once. When consumers save content for future use, Scrapbook also collects source material or URLs allowing them to easily refer back to the original source.
- The Screen Write feature captures the full screen image of the current page on the device and allows users to write comments or additional information onto the captured image.
- S Finder allows users to expansively search for content on their device regardless of the type. By putting in keywords or filters such as date, location, and content type, users can search related documents, events, communication threads, and even the Help page – all in one place. In addition, users can also search for hand-written content in their Notes and memo applications, as well as symbols and formulas.
- Pen Window allows users to use the S Pen not only for drawing sketches or writing notes, but now also for opening a small application window for a true multitasking experience. Simply by drawing a window of any size, anywhere on the screen, users can easily and quickly open another application window such as YouTube, calculator or Browser without pausing current activity on the screen.
Look for your carrier to announce something more concrete in regards to pricing and time frame in the coming days or weeks.
You might also like
Samsung today announced a coupon and ticketing service not unlike Apple’s Passbook or Google Wallet. Called Samsung Wallet, the app and service comes with an API (beta) for developers which
Let’s see how well the sarcasm comes across in this post. In a Fierce Wireless interview dated earlier today, T-Mobile let slip a real doozy.Â Apparently the 4th largest carrier
T-Mobile just announced the Galaxy S Blaze 4G, and it seems they are already bringing out their next-gen devices. We’ve been hearing for quite some time that the HTC Ville will