Lifeproof Samsung Galaxy S3 case review
Are you the type of mobile user who needs protection against drops and water? You’ll have a hard time finding something better than Lifeproof’s Galaxy S3 case. Designed to withstand drops, dirt, dust, water, and life, these cases are an all-in-one protection solution. We’ve tested the case ourselves and found that not only does it do the job, but it doesn’t add much bulk or weight. Chances are good that you’ve seen how thick some cases can get (ahem, Otterbox) – this is not that.
We liked that all of the phone functions work without a hitch, including camera, volume, and power buttons. Ports (3.5 headphone, microphone, speakers) are unobstructed and perform just the same as if they were not encased. Indeed, you’ll maintain the thin profile you fell in love with when you first laid eyes on the handset.
Putting the case was not quite as easy as in other units we’ve used but the instructions are clear and concise. On the plus side, you do get to test things out with a mock plastic phone so you’re not going to goof things up. In the end we did appreciate having to take our time with setup as things felt snug and ready to roll.
- The thinnest, lightest, all-protective Galaxy S III case ever made
- Built-in scratch protector delivers complete touchscreen protection
- Fully submersible to 6.6 feet
- Survives drops from up to 6.6 feet
- Totally sealed from dirt, dust, snow and ice
- Full screen protection and functionality
- Complete and easy access to buttons, ports and headphone jack
- Slim, sleek profile highlights SIII’s smooth, gentle curves
- Clear case back shows off the natural color
- Maximum sound output and clarity
- Anti-reflective optical-glass camera lens
Pricing for the Lifeproof cases is $79.99 – $89.99 which is a good value in our opinion. It might be double what you’d spend on a typical case however you can’t take the average unit with you into the pool, up onto the mountains, or in the desert. Solidly built without adding much heft, we certainly think you’ll enjoy the Lifeproof design.
You might also like
We’ve spent a few weeks using some of Ventev’s new line of in-house and in-car chargers and really think you should check them out. There are a number of options
Up for review today is the Seidio Ledger, wallet style, case for the Moto X. The case is decently built for the price, but does lack in some areas that