What’s one way to help legitimize hardware details and rumors for an upcoming smartphone? Ask blogs to take down photos and information as it pertains to an unannounced handset. Such was the case this past weekend when Android Police published a post that had a service manual, specs, and photos of an LG D821. It didn’t take long, but LG asked that things be taken down in short order. The photos are gone, but the specs still remain.
Much of what we see here matches up with previous rumors however there are some new tidbits to glean. We’re inclined to believe that this is the hardware for the upcoming Nexus 5.
Expected Nexus 5 specifications:
- 4.95″ 1080p IPS TFT display
- 32GB internal storage (8GB, 16GB also rumored)
- 2GB RAM
- MSM8974 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
- 8-megapixel (optical image stabilization) OIS rear camera
- 1.3-megapixel front camera
- 2300mAh battery
- Slimport compatibility
- Micro SIM slot
- Notification light
- Wireless charging
- Bluetooth 3.0 (likely Bluetooth 4.0/Bluetooth 4.0 LE)
- UMTS/GSM/CDMA/LTE compatibility
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass, Proximity/Ambient Light, Pressure
Considering that we know pretty much all of the hardware inside the Nexus 5 smartphone, our biggest questions center around Android 4.4 KitKat. What is it that comprises the next version of Android and how is it worthy of its own release? Stick around, we should find out in a couple of weeks!