Appstore Developer Select rewards developers who optimize apps for Kindle Fire line
Amazon on Tuesday announced a new initiative which rewards developers who optimize Android apps for the Kindle Fire line of tablets. Known as the Appstore Developer Select program, incentives include credits in hosting services, tools for better discovery, and premium placement in Amazon’s Appstore. The benefits are expected to roll out by the holiday season however developers can already check to make sure their apps are ready to go.
Developers who invest in the program will receive marketing and economic benefits including:
- Premium placement in the Amazon Appstore
- 500,000 ad impressions on the Amazon Mobile Ad Network
- Automatic inclusion in the Amazon Appstore Coins Reward category
- Credits equaling 25% off their first $2,000 in AWS services annually
- Ability for customers to earn Amazon Coins for purchasing qualifying apps and in-app items