Appstore Developer Select rewards developers who optimize apps for Kindle Fire line
Amazon on Tuesday announced a new initiative which rewards developers who optimize Android apps for the Kindle Fire line of tablets. Known as the Appstore Developer Select program, incentives include credits in hosting services, tools for better discovery, and premium placement in Amazon’s Appstore. The benefits are expected to roll out by the holiday season however developers can already check to make sure their apps are ready to go.
Developers who invest in the program will receive marketing and economic benefits including:
- Premium placement in the Amazon Appstore
- 500,000 ad impressions on the Amazon Mobile Ad Network
- Automatic inclusion in the Amazon Appstore Coins Reward category
- Credits equaling 25% off their first $2,000 in AWS services annually
- Ability for customers to earn Amazon Coins for purchasing qualifying apps and in-app items
You might also like
For those set on keeping up with the latest firmware but found often frustrated with the pace at which OEM’s release their updates can get an idea of how quickly
Verizon appears poised to roll out Froyo to yet another Android handset. The Droid X will soon be joining the Droid, Droid 2, and Droid Incredible as an Android 2.2 powered behemoth. Verizon has updated their support site with a PDF touting the goodies that come with the Froyo release.
Other than the official Android “L” Developer Preview which is available for LG Nexus 5 and Asus Nexus 7 (2013) devices by Google, we’ve seen it ported to the Nexus