Showing off your connected Android device on a computer isn’t cool. You know what is cool? Showing it off on a browser. Google’s François Beaufort walks you through the steps on Google+ to help make this happen. Note that you’ll need the latest experimental devtools for screencasting in Chrome and running the Dev channel of either the Chrome browser or Chrome OS.
- Enable chrome://flags/#enable-devtools-experiments and chrome://flags/#remote-debugging-raw-usb flags in Chrome Dev Channel and restart
- Go to chrome://inspect and plug your Android Device (make sure USB Debugging is ON before)
- Allow USB debugging by tapping “OK”
- At this point your Android device should appear in chrome://inspect
- Open Chrome Beta for Android and visit a website
- On your computer, open the DevTools, click on the Gear icon in the bottom-right corner, on “Experiments”, check “Enable screencast” and close the DevTools
- Finally, click on the “Inspect” link and click on the brand new “Screencast” icon in the bottom left corner to enable it