Fitbit on Thursday introduced its latest wearable device, the activity and sleep-tracking Fitbit Force. Designed with a very minimal aesthetic, the wristable monitors calories, steps walked, incoming calls, and more.
Offered in either black or slate color options, the Force lasts 7-10 days on a single charge and can be worn 24 hours a day. Not only does it function as a watch, but it can also be your silent alarm clock, and personal motivator.
The Fitbit Force will begin selling in a few weeks across multiple retailers and should be priced at $129.95.
Fitbit Force Top Features and Benefits
- OLED display screen for instant stats and time: Force accurately measures and shows steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes, floors climbed and the time on an easy-to-view OLED display on the wristband
- Altimeter takes you to new heights: Force contains a state-of the-art altimeter to track how many floors or how high you climb each day
- Track active minutes to increase your burn: Along with steps, distance and calories burned, you can set a goal for daily “active minutes,” which are moderate-to-high intensity cardio minutes (Center for Disease Control recommends 150 minutes/week)
- Sleep monitoring & silent wake alarm: Track sleep quality, including number of hours slept and how many times you wake or are restless; Force also has a silent wake alarm that gently vibrates to wake you and won’t disturb your partner
- Bluetooth 4.0 allows wireless, automatic syncing: Force stats sync wirelessly to leading mobile phones and tablets so progress is always up to date without having to plug in; Android users simply tap the NFC-enabled Force to a phone to launch the Fitbit app
- Receive smart call notifications on your Force: With Apple iOS 7 4S and higher smartphones, you can choose to receive incoming call notifications right on your Force when your phone is nearby
- Motivational online & mobile tools: Stay motivated with notifications, badges and leaderboards; cheer, taunt and direct message your friends throughout the day – reach your goals faster with a little friendly competition
- Comfortable to wear 24/7: Designed to be comfortable and stylish, Force is also water resistant and can withstand even the sweatiest workout, so you can wear it day and night; plus, Force has a battery life of 7-10 days
- Sophisticated, advanced design: Available in two classic colors (Black and Slate), the sleek Force wristband looks good no matter what you’re doing