Fitbit reveals activity and sleep-tracking device, Fitbit Force
Fitbit on Thursday introduced its latest wearable device, the activity and sleep-tracking Fitbit Force. Designed with a very minimal aesthetic, the wristable monitors calories, steps walked, incoming calls, and more.
Offered in either black or slate color options, the Force lasts 7-10 days on a single charge and can be worn 24 hours a day. Not only does it function as a watch, but it can also be your silent alarm clock, and personal motivator.
The Fitbit Force will begin selling in a few weeks across multiple retailers and should be priced at $129.95.
Fitbit Force Top Features and Benefits
- OLED display screen for instant stats and time: Force accurately measures and shows steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes, floors climbed and the time on an easy-to-view OLED display on the wristband
- Altimeter takes you to new heights: Force contains a state-of the-art altimeter to track how many floors or how high you climb each day
- Track active minutes to increase your burn: Along with steps, distance and calories burned, you can set a goal for daily “active minutes,” which are moderate-to-high intensity cardio minutes (Center for Disease Control recommends 150 minutes/week)
- Sleep monitoring & silent wake alarm: Track sleep quality, including number of hours slept and how many times you wake or are restless; Force also has a silent wake alarm that gently vibrates to wake you and won’t disturb your partner
- Bluetooth 4.0 allows wireless, automatic syncing: Force stats sync wirelessly to leading mobile phones and tablets so progress is always up to date without having to plug in; Android users simply tap the NFC-enabled Force to a phone to launch the Fitbit app
- Receive smart call notifications on your Force: With Apple iOS 7 4S and higher smartphones, you can choose to receive incoming call notifications right on your Force when your phone is nearby
- Motivational online & mobile tools: Stay motivated with notifications, badges and leaderboards; cheer, taunt and direct message your friends throughout the day – reach your goals faster with a little friendly competition
- Comfortable to wear 24/7: Designed to be comfortable and stylish, Force is also water resistant and can withstand even the sweatiest workout, so you can wear it day and night; plus, Force has a battery life of 7-10 days
- Sophisticated, advanced design: Available in two classic colors (Black and Slate), the sleek Force wristband looks good no matter what you’re doing
You might also like
Your favorite desktop browser is finally going mobile. Unfortunately, Android users will have to go without. Hey Mozilla – what gives?
Today sees the arrival of the Samsung Galaxy S5, likely the smartphone that will outsell all others this year. You’ll be able to pick one of these up from just
It’s football season and people are looking for ways to keep up with the latest news, rumors, and fantasy updates.Â A new Android app is available today that helps fans