Samsung Galaxy S4 officially scores Android 4.3
The Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) has officially started seeing its Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update. According to SamMobile, the release is not so much visual as it is optimization and back-end stuff. The handset is said to be much faster with the update and benchmark scores are reported to be higher. There’s no formal changelog to share however the blog has put together a detailed list of their finding.
Keep in mind that this is the international model and that market availability will vary. Keep an eye on your device and watch for the notifications. Those in the U.S. under a carrier’s thumb might be waiting a little longer, but it should not be far off.
To update your Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean you’ll to connect your phone to your computer and use Samsung KIES. The other, more popular option is to download and install via OTA. To do so, go to Settings > More > About Device > Software update > Update.
CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS IN ANDROID 4.3 UPDATE
- OpenGL 3.0 Support
- GALAXY GEAR Support
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- ANT+ Support
- Samsung KNOX Implementation (KNOX bootloader and dedicated application)
- Samsung Wallet comes pre-loaded
- Improved RAM management
- Improved Display colour reproduction (Display looks much sharper than before)
- Improved TouchWiz Launcher (Much less launcher redraws and less lag)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- New Samsung Browser (Full screen by default, new tab interface and more)
- New Reading Mode (Optimises display for reading, used by only a few specific applications)
- New Camera firmware
- Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app, Flashlight Widget, dialog boxes etc)
You might also like
It seems those Android home phone rumors that surfaced a few months back just might be coming to fruition. Earlier today it was announced that Motorola will be bringing the
In a press release today PapayaMobile, the open mobile social gaming network for Android, announced that it is teaming up with InMobi. InMobi has the distinction of being the world’s
BitDefender, in keeping with the Valentine’s Day spirit, has released a new virus protection that could save your (love) life. Called Relationship Scanner, it’s a free service that checks and