NVIDIA, not resting on its laurels, has pushed out yet another software update to the SHIELD gaming and entertainment console. Available immediately, Update #65 brings about a number of improvements and enhancements. Notable tweaks include improved Gamestream and Gamepad Mapper as well as full-screen mode options.
We continue to support new PC titles with GAMESTREAM. This month’s additions include the Fall blockbusters: Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, Batman: Arkham Origins, Battlefield 4, and Call of Duty: Ghosts. Android gaming fans shouldn’t feel left out either as Zombie Tycoon 2 and GT Racing 2 have both launched in the last couple of weeks.
Oh, and don’t forget, the NVIDIA SHIELD is on sale through Amazon and other retailers today. Snag one for a mere $249 as part of a Cyber Monday deal and you’ll have an extra $50 to blow elsewhere!
- GAMESTREAM improvements
- Stream from your PC at up to 1080p @ 60 FPS in Console Mode when using Ethernet (via micro USB Ethernet adapter).
- Improved PC streaming quality at 720p @ 60 FPS and Wi-Fi performance.
- Gamepad Mapper improvements
- New community profiles BETA feature – ability to share, browse, and rate gamepad mapping profiles.
- Ability to map gyro simulation to analog thumbsticks with new “motion sensor” feature.
- Improved right thumbstick features for first person perspective games that use touch swipes to look around.
- New “accelerated cursor” option for joystick mouse mode.
- Full-screen mode updates
- Option to auto-hide status bar.
- View status bar with a swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Enable option from Settings>Display.