UPDATE: And just like that, Motorola has gone through the allotted devices for Wednesday!
Those of you who had hoped to grab one of Motorola‘s heavily discounted Moto X smartphones for $349 should listen up. Motorola has outlined the process for how to grab the the off-contract device over today (Wednesday, December 4) and Monday, December 9.
Rather than bombarding their website with tons of traffic all at once, Motorola has created something that works over the span of a week. Here’s how it goes…
2-Day Holiday Sale
- Go to motorola.com/holiday2daysale and register for the promotion starting at noon EST on the two sale days. You will know right away if quantities are still available.
- Once registered, you will be emailed a promo code within a few hours. This code is active for one week.
- Go to Moto Maker and design your phone within the one week window (take your time and have fun!).
- At checkout, enter your one-time promo code to receive $150 off the no-contract price in the shopping cart. (Your code only works once and for one phone.)
- Submit your order to get rocking with your custom Moto X in time for the holidays. Moto Maker will provide an estimated delivery date while you design your product and again at checkout. You will also receive an email when we start assembling your device as well as when it ships.
Hopefully, with this process there’s no worry about hurrying through the process or crashing the site. Giving customers an entire week to make decisions is a much better, and practical way of handling things.
Do note, however, that the promotion lasts just so long as Motorola has enough devices on hand each day. Reservations open up Wednesday at noon EST!