Google announces winners of the first annual ‘Players’ Choice Awards’
For the past few weeks, users on Google Play have been able to vote for their favorite apps and games of 2013. Dubbed the rightful name of ‘Players’ Choice Awards’, the list boasts just that. These are some great apps and games that you’ve most likely heard before, and some you may not have.
Here are the winners of each respective category:
- I Can’t Quit You – Most Addictive Game: Knights & Dragons
- Old School, Still Cool – Best Franchise Game: Bejeweled Blitz
- Lights, Camera, Games – Best Game Based on a Movie: The Hobbit: Kingdoms
- Quietly Brilliant – Best App for Enhancing the Everyday: Duolingo: Learn Languages Free
- At Your Service – Best App for Booking and Buying: Flixster
- I <3 Google – Best Google App: Youtube
Along with the notable apps and games in the chosen categories, there was an option for users to write-in their other favorites that may not have made the list. Here are the write-ins for 2013.
- Write-In Game: Ingress
- Write-In Game: Samurai Siege
- Write-In App: Newshog: Google News & Weather
- Write-In App: Swiftkey Keyboard
If you’d like to see the full list, you can do so, here. Do you have any apps or games which you think should have been included? Feel free to let us know in the comments!
You might also like
We reported yesterday that Google was rolling out in-app purchases in developer dashboards according to a tweet from Hyperbees, and now we have official confirmation from the Android developer blog
One of the easiest ways to change the look and feel of your Android device is to install a new launcher. And, once you do that, it’s a breeze to
The rumor getting the most play these last few days is that HTC is looking to make the Touch HD successor into an Android handset.Â Expected to be called the