Sony debuts Xperia Smartwear
Sony is officially in the game of wearable tech with the debut of the Xperia Smartwear which records your activities throughout the day. Now I said “activities” because this is much more than just another fitness band that counts steps and calorie output. However, it’s not quite a smart watch such as the Qualcomm Toq.
Smartwear gently vibrates on your wrist when you receive a notification or a call, but the really cool feature is the bookmark feature. With the simple press of a button on the wristband, Smartwear will record everything that is happening at that moment. For example, you’re out with friends at a restaurant or you hear something on Pandora, it will record that moment in time for future reference. It also comes in a plethora of colors to choose from!
There is no set price or date of availability, but Sony promises something soon!
Features of Sony SmartBand
- Lifelog app can see if you’ve been walking, running, cycling or travelling by train – and how you’ve slept.
- Look ahead in time to see just how much more you need to cycle to achieve your daily activity goal.
- Helps to track weather and alert the user
- Bookmark your special moments by pressing the Life Bookmark key.
- Press the Life Bookmark key on your SmartBand and everything going on at that moment will be caught and remembered forever.
- Removable Core unit and a stylish and comfortable wrist band
- Sony fastening button and LEDs
- Vibrates when a call, message or other notification comes in
- Play, pause and skip tracks using your SmartBand
- Battery performance of up to 5 days.