Sprint adds more devices to PTT list
Sprint has expanded the number of devices with Direct Connect push-to-talk service, adding multiple Android handsets into the fold. Effective immediately, those with the following smartphones can take advantage of the Direct Connect Now application.
- Samsung Galaxy S4
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3,
- LG G2
- LG G Flex
- LG Optimus F3
- Kyocera Hydro Edge
Looking down the road, Sprint plans to add more devices to the list, including the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, Galaxy Mega, and Galaxy S4 with Sprint Spark.
Sprint’s Direct Connect Now app has been updated with the following features:
- Sprint Direct Connect on 4G LTE capable devices
- New enhanced user experience
- Interoperable with Sprint Direct Connect devices
- Convenient touchscreen controls
- TeamDC and Opt-In TeamDC closed group calling
- Call alerts to notify others you want to talk without interrupting
- Displays contact image for speaker
- Synchronizes contacts with device’s address book
- Create favorites for most contacted Direct Connect® contacts
The app and service are free to download for LTE 4G smartphones; Sprint charges $5/month for select handsets.