Gionee shows off the world’s slimmest smartphone at MWC
Sure to be swept under the rug from the Galaxy S5 news, Gionee unveiled it’s next smartphone at Mobile World Congress 2014, the ELIFE S5.5.
The phone is definitely at flagship level, boasting 5.5mm in thickness, a 5-inch Super AMOLED Plus display, 13 MP camera, and a 2300mAh. It also runs AMIGO OS 2.0, which is Gionee’s beautiful Android-based OS.
The 3G version is $370, and available for pre-order in China. The 4G variant will be available in June, and the price is TBA. There is no word yet as to where this phone will be available, but Gionee says it will eventually be available in 40 different countries.
Here are the official specs:
- 5.0” Super AMOLED Plus display
- Octa- Core 1.7GHz CPU
- 13.0MP AF +5.0MP AF Camera 95 Degree Ultra-Wide Angle
- AMIGO OS 2.0 (based on Android OS, V4.2)
- Memory: 16GB+2GB
- Ultra slim 145.1 x 70.2 x 5.55mm
- G-850/900/1800/1900MHZ; (WCDMA900/2100 MHz)
- 3.5 mm Earphone Jack
- Non-removable 2300mAh Battery
- Available in black, white, blue, pink, and purple