Although most devices are now moving to the onscreen navigation keys there are still some devices which rely on hardware keys. Take the Samsung Galaxy S4, for example.
Unfortunately, if you have hardware keys, simply swiping up from the “Home” button to access Google Now just isn’t possible.
We're giving stuff away to help celebrate our tenth anniversary. Are you in?
However, if you’re using Nova Launcher, which we previously covered, there is a quick tip which will enable you to assign a swipe gesture to the App drawer button to replicate this functionality.
1. From your homescreen, long press on the “App Drawer” button.
2. Select the option for “Edit.”
3. Next to Swipe Action, select the “None” text.
4. A separate page will pop up. On the top, hit “Apps.”
5. Scroll down until you find “Google.”
6. Select it.
7. Under the Edit Shortcut menu, hit “OK.”
It’s as simple as that! Simply swipe up on the App Drawer button and it will fire up Google Now.