How To: Install the Nokia X App Store
As you all may be aware, Nokia is now making Android smartphones, although they have a very Metro UI look and don’t have access to the Google Play store.
The Nokia X, X+, and XL, all lower-end devices to extend the reach of Microsoft’s services, run Nokia’s own store to get apps on the devices.
If you if you want to check out the Nokia Store, you now can thanks to a leaked APK and here’s how:
- Head over to XDA and download the lastest NStore APK at the bottom of the first post
- Place the apk file on your device or better yet, visit XDA from your device and download the file
- Using a file browser, locate the file and open it
- Make sure that you ‘Allow Unknown Sources” in your security settings
- Install the Nokia Store as you would any application
- Open the Nokia Store and take a look around
By downloading and installing the Nokia Store, you really don’t gain anything other than Nokia’s own apps and services such as HERE Maps and Mix Radio. Please also note that the app may be unstable and buggy because the devices are not out just yet.
I had no problems downloading and installing the Nokia Store, but for some reason, I wasn’t able to download any apps. On my Nexus 4, it downloads the app then fails when it tries to install.
You might also like
ROM of the Week is dedicated to highlighting our favorite custom ROMs and builds for Android users. If you’re the type who likes to tinker and push their device to
In another effort to connect with our audience, we’re going to start a new series called “Ask AndroidGuys Anything”. Much like the “Ask Me Anything”, or “AMA”, sessions on Reddit,
There’s a new version of the Google Keyboard app rolling out for Android devices this week. As you might expect, it brings about the Material Design look and feel that’s found