Moto G owners facing problems after Android 4.4 update

Moto G owners facing problems after Android 4.4 update

Motorola recently updated the Moto G to Android 4.4, but it turns out the update brought some troubles as well. Users are complaining that after the update, they are facing several issues. Below is the list of bugs that you might be facing if you have updated your Moto G:

• lose mobile signal
  • display ‘No Sim’ icons,
  • fall into Aeroplane mode (while not displaying Aeroplane Icon status)
  • Mobile signal can often be recovered by swapping into and out of Aeroplane mode.
  • Pop-up errors about being in Aeroplane mode while attempting to make calls during signal problems.
  • Aeroplane mode observed in about phone status (while no aeroplane mode shown on icons)
  • Popup errors – the process “com.android.phone” has stopped
  • Not specific to individual SIM cards – multiple SIMs (cutdown/original confirmed as impacted)
  • Suggestion that it only occurs with mobile data enabled – to be investigated.

moto_g_shells_croppedWell, these are a lot of bugs, but you can relax because Motorola is aware, and they are working on a solution. However, such problems happen rarely because the update is always tested on the device before official launch, but you never know when the bugs will show up.

Any Moto G user out there facing such issues? Let us know in the comment box below.

Source: Motorola

Asad Rafi
Asad Rafi 725 posts

Back in 2011, Asad started as an intern at AndroidGuys, and today he is one of the youngest and active members of the team. He's writing about Android from almost 4 years, and when he is not doing that, he is either watching Suits, Breaking Bad, watching a Manchester United game, or just studying..

Verizon Finally Announces $249 LG Revolution for May 26 (Tomorrow)

Verizon, in an 11th hour press release, has finally confirmed that the LG Revolution will join their smart phone lineup tomorrow, May 26th. The LG handset had been rumored for

Vodafone Hinting at More Android, Less Google

In an interview with TechRadar, Vodafone suggests that future Android-based handsets are being evaluated and that some could come loaded with less Google and more Vodafone. “We’re looking at other

Rumor: 2GHz HTC “Sabor” to Arrive with Gingerbread Late 2010 [UPDATE]

I love juicy rumors like these.  According to Oxford-Zeiss Content & Research Guide (OZCARGuide), HTC is working on a 2GHz “Sabor” device for Sprint, expected later this year or early

1. drafunt
    March 05, 05:20 Reply

My only probem is I can no longer record calls!

• Rushi Bangalore
      May 10, 14:29 Reply

That’s a problem .I often get blurred screen in my motog after kitkat update.. Please Motorola be proactive and come up with a solution if you want to survive in Asian markets as its highly competitive..

2. Waseem Syed
    March 10, 09:05 Reply

I have a serious issue….
    My battery was charged and had dropped to 70% when I went to bed…. But in the morning I saw that the phone has turned off… Then I kept for charging it charged till 20% then I left to the college… After I reached there I connected it again to charge my battery went up to 84%… What is the reason and please do provide me with a solution……????? :)

3. Divij
    March 15, 22:16 Reply

My issue is about phone calls…. sometimes wen I receive calls for one sim… aftr picking up the call I couldn’t hear anything and the opposite person also have the same issue…. that means my Mic and speaker goes dead…. after rebooting my device the issue is fixed temporarily…. what shuld I do nw…. plsss help me… software issue or hardware issue ???

• Manan
          April 18, 01:11 Reply

I am also facing this problem.. Pls someone help

• sujay
      April 03, 00:00 Reply

did u got any solutions for this bug.

• nitin kumawat
      May 14, 14:16 Reply

Yes i’m also facing same problem even in my replaced handset too

• raghu
      May 23, 23:41 Reply

I am facing the mic problem on my replaced set also can anyone give me solution for that

4. senthil
    March 16, 03:33 Reply

Battery suddenly dropping getting switch off.
    Some times apps icons displaying but text below getting blurred.
    Mobile data often getting disconnected.
    Will any update available to solve the issues? Pls provide sugesstion..

5. Julie Rainbird
    April 04, 11:39 Reply

My moto g sometimes displays blurred text in Google when I do a search. This has happened a few times. Any idea why or what to do?

6. Basil
    April 25, 04:06 Reply

Plsss help,no voice during call ..After a reboot problem solved.What should I do..It occurs frequently..

• sorab
      April 27, 00:08 Reply

Its becoz of using mini sim which you cut manually nd make it micro so solution is you should use proper micro sim for the moto g….

7. Paridhi
    April 30, 11:17 Reply

Yes, my dad is faving the same problem. The receiver of the call cannot hear anything what my dad speaks..this is a serious issue and should be sorted as soon as possible. I hope that they come up with a solution soon.

8. Prachi Damani
    May 11, 12:37 Reply

My Moto g’s Mic and speaker not working during calls. Plz provide with a solution urgently. Bought 2days ago..

9. Daniel Thomas
    May 27, 13:46 Reply

I am facing mic issue.. My mic volume is too low that the recipient cant able to hear my voice… Is this a hardware malfunction or due to software???? Can anyone please detail….

10. siva
    June 21, 09:09 Reply

My moto g version is android 4.4.2 and i observed text of the apps becoming blurred . some times screen becoming blank

11. utpal
    July 20, 05:43 Reply

I am too facing the same problem regarding the phone calling…..After picking up the call nothing can be hear….instead when I connect the earphone or switching to loudspeaker it works well…..even I did reset factory and rebooted many times but then also it didn’t work…….I am very much disappointed with this issue …..facing lots of problem….
    #Please! Comment If any one have the solution.

• kiran
      September 07, 19:17 Reply

I am facing this same problem please someone help.

12. Bilal Rizwan
    July 27, 11:04 Reply

I am facing a problem after update the wifi connects and then it is automatically disconnected .
    One more problem is with signals .
    Hope so you will fix that .

13. MotoG Crapola
    July 31, 23:59 Reply

2015-06 : Brand new Moto-G phone microphone not working .. in calls as well as for apps that rely on Mic. Unless i put my mouth directly on the Mic, the device barely registers the sound.

• max
      December 12, 15:56 Reply

i get have this problem aswell

14. bhargavi
    August 05, 11:19 Reply

My issue is mobile data.I enabled mobile data.But it is not working..

• max
      December 12, 15:55 Reply

i get this too

15. john
    November 25, 14:27 Reply

Mic broken I think people can’t hear me speak on the other side during a call.. Please help!

16. J. Paul Roe
    November 28, 22:43 Reply

I’m really happy with my Moto G but I have the same problem that every other user seems to be having…no one can hear me on a phone call.

I’ve been using a bluetooth headset as a workaround and it works just fine, but it’s kind of annoying to have to dig it out of my bag just to receive a call. I’ve tried updating all the apps, clearing all data, etc.

I only have one thing left to try…cleaning all of the crud and dust out of the microphone hole. Apparently that’s solving the problem for a lot of people. =|

17. Pradeep Kumar
    March 19, 21:54 Reply

Dear sir,
    I bought Moto g first gen. Its working good. I have upgraded to lollypop version. Its doing quite good. But after few months suddenly phone became white as if we have applied white color theme. How would it look When we try to see through a film cover, in the same way I am using the mobile. I restarted my mobile, but it showed me that android is getting upgraded. But I am able to use the applications as I could see them in black n white color while using or texting somebody. Definitely I could say that its not the problem of the screen, there is a problem in user graphical interface itself. Kindly provide a solution. Please do reply to my email id.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Pradeep

18. Betts
    April 30, 20:48 Reply

This same problem started as soon as I put otter box defender on phone. I think it may be the otter box.