WhatsApp updated with new privacy settings and features
If there’s a messaging application we all really love and use, then I think it would be none other than WhatsApp. It was recently acquired by Facebook for a huge amount, and now the app just received its first update after the deal. First spotted by Android Police, the app now have following new features:
- New privacy settings for last seen, profile photo and status
- Add Camera shortcut for quicker picture sending
- Add ability to pay for a friend’s WhatsApp service
- Add large video thumbnails in chat
- Add option to show unread messages on home screen widget (Android 3.0+)
- Add option to share/save profile photo/group icon
- Increase message history user can send
- Fix sending flag emoji on Sony phones
- Fix voice note recording volume on Samsung Note 3 and Sony phones
- Enabled Hindi (Android 4.1+)
The app will be upgraded to version 2.11.186 after installing the update. The most notable feature here is that WhatsApp will now allow you to pay for your friend’s subscriptions as well. The app is free to download and use for the first 12 months, and then $0.99 in-app payment required each year after that. So if you want to, you can pay for your friends, family members, or anyone else if you want to.
What are your thoughts about the new features?
[pb-app-box pname=’com.whatsapp’ name=’WhatsApp Messenger’ theme=’discover’ lang=’en’]