WitRigs has managed to create a bumper for the Galaxy S4 that’s protective, flexible, and light, all wrapped in a package that’s offered in a nearly endless selection of colors. I got the opportunity to review one of the colored/transparent bumpers, as well as one of the multicolored bumpers, and I was very impressed with each. That being said, I did find a few cons with them.
- The bumpers are made of a hybrid of polycarbonate and soft TPU materials, making them sturdy and flexible. This makes it fairly easy to slip on and off, while still having a tight fit around the phone
- They offer a simple, yet sleek look
- The wide range of color choices are a plus
- Price is hard to beat
- All the button covers are made of the soft TPU material, which makes them very easy and natural to press
- The charging, microphone, and audio jacks are big enough for most chargers, USB cords, and headphones.
- The top right corner of every bumper is left exposed for some reason. I suspect this is to improve the flexibility and to make the bumper easier to slip on and off of the device, but it leaves users with an uneasy feeling
- The polycarbonate material on the transparent models is easily scuffed, which makes them look worn after only a few days of use
In the end, these bumpers provide a great mix of flexibility and protection. WitRigs has done a good job of creating a hybrid bumper, and they’re offering it at a killer price. While the exposed corner does concern me, it doesn’t outweigh the wide array of color combinations and the sheer usefulness of the bumper. And at only $5.69, it’s a great deal for any S4 owner. If you’d like to give one of these bumpers a run for its money, you can grab the transparent ones from here and the standard mutlicolored bumpers from here.