Action Launcher 2.1 beta adds double tap to lock and “OK, Google” functionality
Action Launcher has long been one of our favorite 3rd party launchers for Android, and as long as you’re a beta tester, it just got much better. The app has gone for some time without any new features being added to it, most likely due to Mr. Lacy’s other great endeavors. We’re happy to see some of the great new features in the newly published beta version 2.1.
LG and HTC have adopted a nice feature that allows you to double tap your screen to lock your device. It’s proven very handy and extremely popular among consumers. Action Launcher users can now take advantage of this feature, as well. A few other great features added to the lineup are “OK, Google” hotword detection (as long as you’re on 4.4 KitKat), Roboto Condensed font, and icon resizing in the dock.
This is one of the biggest updates we’ve seen to Action Launcher in quite awhile, and it’s definitely welcome. Check out the full changelog below, and join the Google+ community if you’d like to take advantage of these awesome new features.
2.1 beta changelog
- “Ok, Google” voice activation. Requires Android 4.4 or later.
- Double taping empty space on a Home screen powers the screen off.
- Option to enable Roboto Condensed.
- More fine-grained control over where icon text labels display.
- Option to disable drawing of Cover/Shutter indicators.
- Icon scale can be configured for items on Home screens, Dock, Quickpage and Folders (previously was only applied on Home screens).
- Misc. stability improvements.
You might also like
Looking to refresh your Android up with a new app, widget, icon pack, or launcher? You’ve come to the right place; we love to help with that sort of thing.
The HTC One (M8) has been one of the more successful Android phones this year, mainly due to the high build quality, dual front-facing speakers, and a clean UI. The
Telus has officially announced that they will soon be acquiring the Motorola Milestone(Similar to MotoDroid) into their mobile device line-up. It is exciting news for not only that Canada will