IN BRIEF: 5 Android related things you might have missed (June 7)
Welcome back my Android friends it’s time for another “IN Brief”. Today we’re going to take a look at some news that you may have missed during the week.
There was a new version of fitness app Runtastic introduced this week. The update includes some great new features such as
- Google Street View: This mode allows users to view a recap of their recently completed run in Google Street View along with panoramas of the places that they have passed.
- “Challenge a Run”: This mode allows runners to compete with their past run times.
- 2 New Story Runs: Alcatraz 2 and Weight Loss. These are interval based training modes that help your run to be a little more fun.
- New feature presentation element: This helps users get familiar with the new functionalities in a more detailed, engaging way.
These new features are available now
Android optimization app Smart Booster has just received an updated look. Devoloped by ANTEK MOBILE this app allows you power users to do some rather cool tweaks to your device such as..
- Smart RAM Booster
- Fast Cache Cleaner
- Quick SD Card Cleaner
- Advanced Application Manager
SMART BOOSTER just recently reached the 5,000,000 installs milestone and in celebration the premium version of the app is on discount 30% off for one week.
The very popular game The Sandbox will be coming to the Android powered console OUYA this summer for free with in-game purchases. THE SANDBOX gives players the powere to create their own world pixel by pixel and offers features such as…
- Total freedom to create your world, your way—freely place, erase, and replace elements to shape the environment as you see fit.
- 150 dynamic elements to experiment with—combining elements creates new, and sometimes unexpected, results.
- Hundreds of campaign levels to direct your world building—from making mud from water and soil to creating complex electrical circuits, campaign levels provide a smooth introduction to The Sandbox’s mechanics and an intense challenge once players get up to speed.
- Play, rate, modify and upload your own created world in the Online Gallery, already featuring more than 750,000 players creations.
- OUYA optimized controls—the touch control scheme has been carefully rebuilt for OUYA, bringing the world-building experience to life on the big screen.
Just when you thought you would never hear anymore about the classic Angry Birds franchise, developer ROVIO has announced that they will be spinning off the series with new addition “Angry Birds Stella”. This new addition to the Angry Birds franchise will have its own games, animation, books, consumer products & more. ROVIO will be releasing more information about the series at a later date but until then check out a few screens of the upcoming spin-off
Lastly we have some statistics on Android 4.4 KitKat’s market share. KitKat is now installed on 13.6 percent of all Android devices now. That’s a huge jump considering that only about 2.5 percent of Android devices were running KitKat as early as March of this year. While 13.6 percent is a big jump here’s hoping that more devices are moved to the latest version of Android as quick as possible.
You might also like
AT&T, like T-Mobile, has officially confirmed that the LG G Flex is coming to its network in the near future. Unlike T-Mobile, AT&T at least has a vague idea as
If you’re not familiar with Olivetti, they’re an Italian electronics company that doesn’t play around, and that shows in their two new Android tablets. They’re both going under the name “Olipad”,
Last night, I had the pleasure of speaking with Justin from TalkingHeadTV.com about Android. He interviewed me with 4 quick, but excellent questions regarding the platform, the SDK, and the