By the numbers: Google boasts Android explosive growth
Not that this is exactly new to many of you but Android is big and it’s getting bigger by the moment. Google today announced that there are now 1 billion active (within last 30 days) Android users. And, with the upcoming Android One, Android TV, Android Wear, and Android Fit stuff we should expect that figure to shoot even higher.
- 30-day active users grown to more than 1 billion
- 20 billion texts every day
- 93 million selfies every day
- 1.5 trillion steps per day
- 100 billion times per day to check our phones
- Android tablets account for 64 percent of global market share – does not count Kindle and other branded experiences
- App installs are up 236% year over year
You might also like
Google announced today that they have agreed to buy Titan Aerospace, a drone making company. So far, there has been no information for how much Titan was purchased, but there
Nearly a full year after the first leaks and official announcements, AT&T customers will be able to get their hands on the sexy and once top-of-the-line Android handset. Starting next week (August 15), new and eligible subscribers can grab the X10 for $149 after rebate.
Love your Android phone but find yourself eyeballing that Window Phone 7 look and feel? We’ll help you get the best of both worlds with this tutorial!