By the numbers: Google boasts Android explosive growth
Not that this is exactly new to many of you but Android is big and it’s getting bigger by the moment. Google today announced that there are now 1 billion active (within last 30 days) Android users. And, with the upcoming Android One, Android TV, Android Wear, and Android Fit stuff we should expect that figure to shoot even higher.
- 30-day active users grown to more than 1 billion
- 20 billion texts every day
- 93 million selfies every day
- 1.5 trillion steps per day
- 100 billion times per day to check our phones
- Android tablets account for 64 percent of global market share – does not count Kindle and other branded experiences
- App installs are up 236% year over year
You might also like
With this announcement there are now three white editions of the popular Galaxy S II series in the United States.
The Camangi team has shaved over 25% off of the price of their WebStation, knocking it down to $275. However, it’s likely not enough of a discount to draw a
Recently, Google changed the specs listed on the Nexus One sales site, eliminating WiFi N from the list of available drafts supported by the superphone.Â This change reflects what HTC