Is your device not officially supported on the Google Play Store, or perhaps you no longer have the Google Play Store on your device after flashing a custom ROM? Or, maybe you just want to get back to an older version of an app because an update has introduced some bugs?
This might just be for you!
Courtesy of onyxbits over at XDA, you can now download a Google Play Store desktop client. Named Raccoon, you’ll have access to download all the APK files in the Play Store and cache them locally on your computer, and that includes multiple versions of the same app.
How to use:
- Install Java
- racoon.jar should now be executeable, start it like any other program
- Enter your loginname and password (prefererably from a throw away account).
- type “Onyxbits” into the textfield.
- You should now see a list of all the developers apps
- Either search for an app or download a prebuilt list
- you will get an APK file, transfer that to your phone by whatever means suit you (e.g. copy via USB cable).
- Enable “Unknown Sources” on your device to install the APK
Sound like something that’ll be useful? Here’s the download link.