CyanogenMod 11.0 M8 begins rolling out to select devices
For avid followers of CyanogenMod you’ll be pleased to hear that version 11.0 M8 that moves to the Android 4.4.4 KitKat codebase has hit download servers today for a select few devices.
The devices that will have CyanogeMod 11.0 M8 available to them include: OnePlus One, Oppo Find 7a, Galaxy S Relay 4G, Samsung Galaxy S III, Xperia Z1 Compact, and the Acer Iconia Tab A700.
Don’t worry if your device isn’t one of those initially supported, since more than 80 more will be added to the compatibility list in the coming days.
Here’s the full changelog that CyanogenMod 11.0 M8 gives you:
- Common: Android 4.4.4 (Google)
- New Devices: Sony Xperia Z2 (sirius); Xiaomi Mi2 (aries); Oppo Find 7a/s (find7); OnePlus One (bacon)
- Common: Fix VPN issues related to 4.4.3 merge
- Common: Enable ‘Heads Up’ notification mode (Settings > Notifications)
- Settings: ‘Interface’ replaced by ‘Status Bar’, ‘Notification Drawer’, and ‘Gestures’
- Settings: Moved ‘Expanded Desktop’ to ‘Display’
- Settings: Moved all lock screen related items to ‘Lock Screen’ and removed duplicates from ‘Security’
- Settings: Moved ‘Navigation Bar’ layout control to ‘Buttons’
- Trebuchet: Custom Homescreen grid size
- Trebuchet: Add Protected Apps feature
- Trebuchet: Add Search Panel (Google Now) option
- WhisperPush: No longer ignores ‘Blacklist’
- Futex: Protect against Towelroot
- Various small bugfixes, global and device-specific
Had a chance to try the new build out yet? Drop us a comment below.
You might also like
HTC recently launched the Sensation XE which is an improved version of their famous device known as the HTC Sensation. There are some minor but good changes to the device,
The latest update to Android, titled 5.0 Lollipop, is the biggest overhaul to Android to-date. While not much as changed, the operating system can look daunting to new users. Earlier,
The official TED Talks application recently arrived in the Google Play store, giving users an easy way to catch their favorite speeches and ideas. Available for free on both smartphone