MediaTek takes aim at Qualcomm’s high end with new 64-bit processor
MediaTek on Tuesday unveiled its new high-end mobile processor, the 64-bit 8-core MT6795 chip. With speeds up to 2.2GHz, the CPU offers support for displays up to 1600×2560, slow-motion video capture at 480fps, and a 120MHz refresh rate for screens.
Key features of MT6795:
- 64-bit True Octa-core LTE SoC with clock speed up to 2.2GHz
- MediaTek CorePilot unlocks the full power of all eight cores
- Dual-channel LPDDR3 memory clocked at 933MHz
- 2K on device display (2560×1600)
- 120Hz mobile display with Response Time Enhancement Technology and MediaTek ClearMotion™
- 480fps 1080p Full HD Super-Slow Motion video feature
- Integrated, low-power hardware support for H.265 Ultra HD (4K2K) video record & playback, Ultra HD video playback support for H.264 & VP9, as well as for graphics-intensive games and apps
- Support for Rel. 9, Category 4 FDD and TDD LTE (150Mbps/50Mbps), as well as modems for 2G/3G networks
- Support for Wi-Fi 802.11ac/Bluetooth®/FM/GPS/Glonass/Beidou/ANT+
- Multi-mode wireless charging supported by MediaTek’s companion multi-mode wireless power receiver IC
Currently undergoing certification, MediaTek plans to ship the processor in devices in the United States in 2015.