MediaTek on Tuesday unveiled its new high-end mobile processor, the 64-bit 8-core MT6795 chip. With speeds up to 2.2GHz, the CPU offers support for displays up to 1600×2560, slow-motion video capture at 480fps, and a 120MHz refresh rate for screens.
Key features of MT6795:
- 64-bit True Octa-core LTE SoC with clock speed up to 2.2GHz
- MediaTek CorePilot unlocks the full power of all eight cores
- Dual-channel LPDDR3 memory clocked at 933MHz
- 2K on device display (2560×1600)
- 120Hz mobile display with Response Time Enhancement Technology and MediaTek ClearMotion™
- 480fps 1080p Full HD Super-Slow Motion video feature
- Integrated, low-power hardware support for H.265 Ultra HD (4K2K) video record & playback, Ultra HD video playback support for H.264 & VP9, as well as for graphics-intensive games and apps
- Support for Rel. 9, Category 4 FDD and TDD LTE (150Mbps/50Mbps), as well as modems for 2G/3G networks
- Support for Wi-Fi 802.11ac/Bluetooth®/FM/GPS/Glonass/Beidou/ANT+
- Multi-mode wireless charging supported by MediaTek’s companion multi-mode wireless power receiver IC
We're giving stuff away to help celebrate our tenth anniversary. Are you in?
Currently undergoing certification, MediaTek plans to ship the processor in devices in the United States in 2015.