The updates keep rolling in for Google’s app real estate, and Google Play Services is next on the list to get updated to version 6.1.88, although the particular version will depend on your device.
To find out the right version of Google Play Services for your Android device, go to Settings -> Apps -> Google Play services, and look at the last 3 numbers in the parentheses. From there, you’ll something like -XYY where X is 0 for pre-Lollipop and 7 for Lollipop+, and YY is a specific variant id. -738 means you need the APK that has -738, etc.
The types are:
- Version number has -X10 – universal armeabi CPU
- Version number has -X12 – 160 DPI & armeabi CPU
- Version number has -X14 – 240 DPI & armeabi CPU
- Version number has -X30 – universal armeabi-v7a CPU
- Version number has -X32 – 160 DPI & armeabi-v7a CPU
- Version number has -X34 – 240 DPI & armeabi-v7a CPU
- Version number has -X36 – 320 DPI & armeabi-v7a CPU
- Version number has -X38 – 480 DPI & armeabi-v7a CPU
- Version number has -X70 – x86 CPU
The official Google Play Services version 6.1.88 APK can be downloaded by clicking here.
If you’re the type of person who likes to stay on the cutting edge of software then you’ll want to get your hands on the file. And, given software updates can take days or weeks to fully roll out, this ensures you’re moving up in the line.
What’s the Risk?
We’ll only share files or links to files that we feel can be trusted. Google does a great job of signing apps, checking them for malware, and protecting users. If you’re not sure whether you want to download the app at this time, simply wait for your update to arrive. No harm, no foul.