Worried about whether or not someone is hacking into your Facebook account? Looking to protect your social media accounts from prying eyes without breaking the bank? Fear no more. LogDog is here to the rescue.
A very handy security tool developed by startup LogDog Information Security Ltd aims to safeguard your accounts from any suspicious activity. Users are alerted to unauthorized use of your accounts. The app is very basic and simple to use. Once you open the app, a message directs you to provide a login and password for the accounts you want secured. At the present moment, only Gmail, Facebook, Evernote, Dropbox, and Yahoo are safeguarded against suspicious activity with other services yet to come on board.
What we like:
- Weekly status notifications. Never have to wonder again if this app is working or went on vacation mode.
- The app is simple to use.
- Provides you a history log of activity of your account.
What we do not like:
- If you have multiple social media accounts like I do (I have at least four Gmail and two Facebook accounts), you can select only one account to protect.
- Webchats are not supported as of yet but soon to come.
What we wish for:
- While I may not have exactly had any reports of suspicious activity on any of my accounts yet, what happens when we go to sleep? I have to wonder if there is a way we can set our alerts to indicate a sense of emergency once any of our accounts have been breached.
- Maybe somewhere down the future, this could also be extended to add our online bank apps as well?
Please keep in mind, LogDog is still in beta mode so there will be some quirks that are still being worked on. This totally free app is available for download at the Google Play Store.
[pb-app-box pname=’com.logdog.websecurity’ name=’LogDog Anti-Hacking & Security’ theme=’dark’ lang=’en’]