Literally everyone on the planet has a list of things to do; whether it’s tucked away mentally, carefully written in a notebook, scribbled on the back of a rogue receipt in your pocket, or tracked in your phone, everyone has a To-Do List. As such, I thought I’d share a small sample from the wildly varied selection of To-Do List applications in the Google Play Store. The following selection covers a few different styles of lists, from the conventional (Any.do) to the robust (Todoist) to the radical (Habitica).
So, without further babbling from your host, I present to you AndroidGuys’ Five for Friday; To Do Lists.
[df-caption title=”Any.do – clean and simple.” url=”http://www.androidguys.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/1456531030974.jpg”]
- Intuitive, Material-ish UI. Clean and simple, very few bells and whistles.
- Built-in list categories (you can add your own, too).
- Calendar sync (via a separate app)
- Any.do moment: overview of your daily tasks.
- Paid Premium Membership: Location-based reminders, custom recurring tasks, custom themes, unlimited upload size, Any.do Moment, priority support.
[df-caption title=”Wunderlist – pretty and shareable.” url=”http://www.androidguys.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/1456531283773.jpg”]
- Shareable lists, with comment support.
- Material UI with elegant background images.
- Supports Android Wear.
- Lots of options, including a configurable widget.
- Paid Pro Account: Unlimited file uploads, task assignments, subtasks, and new backgrounds.
[df-caption title=”Google Keep – Googly.” url=”http://www.androidguys.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/1456531215522.jpg”]
- Full Google support right out of the box.
- Very few features – focused more on speed and efficiency.
- List sharing.
- No Google Drive integration. (Sadface.)
[df-caption title=”Todoist – AG’s favorite.” url=”http://www.androidguys.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/1456531083499.jpg”]
- AndroidGuys’ choice of To-Do Lists.
- Shareable lists, collaboration features.
- Projects and sub-tasks make it easier to delegate.
- Todoist Premium: Calendar sync, automatic backups, productivity tracking, advanced filter features.
[df-caption title=”Habitica – RPGify your life.” url=”http://www.androidguys.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/1456531118060.jpg”]
- Turns your daily tasks into an old-school RPG.
- Separate tasks into Habits, Dailies, and To-Dos.
- Purchase rewards using experience and “gold” earned by doing tasks.
- Currently in beta, and incomplete – more features coming.