We’re huge fans of changing the home screen around a bit and creating a new user experience for our Android. In fact, we love it so much that we have an ongoing series of Get This Look posts. In a nutshell we show you a new layout, app, widget, or icon set for your Android handset and tell you which apps you’ll need to mimic the feel.
Some of these are a little easier to create than others and many of them can be tweaked to no end. The following details are but the ingredients to which you can create your own delicious Android dish; your results will vary. Which is awesome! If nothing else, this is a great way to discover new apps, widgets, icons, and more!
We're giving stuff away to help celebrate our tenth anniversary. Are you in?
This week we’re bringing you a look inspired by the popular Bethesda Softworks game: Fallout 4.
Have you ever wanted your phone to look like a Pip-Boy? Do you wish you could have that retro, terminal look on your phone? Well now you can, and it will take less than five minutes!
Why pay for some of these apps?
You might put in a few bucks to get things rolling but you’ll be glad you did in the long run. The sheer level of configuration and customization behind a few of these titles means endless designs. If you’ve been doing the custom home screen stuff for a while, you may have already purchased some of these apps already.
What you’ll need
- Nova Launcher Prime
- SwiftKey Keyboard
- Icons: PipTec Green Icons & Live Wall
- Widgets: Pip-Tec Battery Widget, Pip-Tec Stats Boxed (both widgets included in icon pack)
- Wallpaper: Live wallpaper included in icon pack
- SwiftKey Theme: Material Phosphor Green
A couple of things to note about this design:
- Desktop grid is set to 5×4 with subgrid positioning enabled
- The Dock is set at 7 icons
- Notification bar has been hidden via Nova Launcher’s settings
- App drawer icon was chosen from the icon pack’s list of available and is not the default
- We are using the “Pip-Tec Battery Widget” and “Pip-Tec Stats Boxed” widgets that come bundled with the icon pack
- Below are screenshots of our wallpaper and widget settings
Once again, what we’ve shown you here is only the tip of the iceberg with what you can do with your phone’s look! Using the above-listed apps, the sky is the limit with what you can do. Feel free to leave your ideas and creations below in the comments, and stay tuned next week for a new edition of Steal This Look!