Summer is fast approaching, so we wanted to brighten things up a bit around here. With Spring cleaning done, it’s time to head outside and start doing what we wait all year to do in the warm weather. Be it hiking, swimming, bike riding, going to the beach; whatever it is, we have you covered with a look that will get your phone ready for the fun as well!
This look is inspired by the 1980’s; particularly John Hughes type movies about the summer, the beach, and growing up. There’s nothing wrong with a little nostalgia, so hopefully this new look on your phone can stir some up for you!
Why pay for some of these apps?
We're giving stuff away to help celebrate our tenth anniversary. Are you in?
You might put in a few bucks to get things rolling but you’ll be glad you did in the long run. The sheer level of configuration and customization behind a few of these titles means endless designs. If you’ve been doing the custom home screen stuff for a while, you may have already purchased some of these apps already.
What you’ll need
- Nova Launcher Prime
- Icons: Fresh Icon Pack
- Widgets: Zooper Widget Pro, Zooper by BEARD 3
- Wallpaper: Included in the gallery at the bottom of this article
- Desktop grid is set to 5×4 with subgrid positioning enabled in Nova Launcher’s ‘Desktop’ settings
- The Dock is set at 7 icons in Nova Launcher’s ‘Dock’ settings
- The notification bar has been hidden in Nova Launcher’s ‘Look & feel’ settings
- Normalize icon size has been disabled in Nova Launcher’s ‘Look & feel’ settings
- Zooper Widget size is 4×2
- We are using the “Beard Pois0n 39” widget in Zooper
- Widget scaling is set to 100%
- We used an alternative icon for the Play Store which you can find in Fresh Icon Pack’s Google Apps icons
About Steal This Look
Here at Android Guys, we’re huge fans of changing the home screen around a bit and creating a new user experience for our Android device. In fact, we love it so much that we have an ongoing series of Steal This Look posts. In a nutshell we show you a new layout, app, widget, or icon set for your Android handset and tell you which apps you’ll need to mimic the feel.
Some of these are a little easier to create than others and many of them can be tweaked to no end. The following details are but the ingredients to which you can create your own delicious Android dish; your results will vary. Which is awesome! If nothing else, this is a great way to discover new apps, widgets, icons, and more!