No matter who we are or where we’re at in life, we all want and deserve a little luxury every now and then. This week we want to bring a little bit of that luxury to your Android device with a theme we are calling, “Luxury.”
With anything luxurious comes options. In staying with that, we are offering two looks this week, both of which are using a unique icon pack. When putting this theme together, I felt inspired by the look, feel, and smell of luxury car interiors. The soft, black leather, smooth wood grain paneling; that new car smell with hints of the leather’s scent. Can you feel it? Can you smell it?
Why pay for some of these apps?
We're giving stuff away to help celebrate our tenth anniversary. Are you in?
You might put in a few bucks to get things rolling but you’ll be glad you did in the long run. The sheer level of configuration and customization behind a few of these titles means endless designs. If you’ve been doing the custom home screen stuff for a while, you may have already purchased some of these apps already.
What you’ll need
- Nova Launcher
- Icons: Elite Glass Nova Theme HD, Golden Glass Icon Pack HD VIP
- Widgets: Zooper Widget Pro, Vajra Zooper FREE
- Wallpaper: Included in the gallery at the bottom of this article
- Desktop grid is set to 5×4 with subgrid positioning enabled in Nova Launcher’s ‘Desktop’ settings
- The Dock is set at 7 icons in Nova Launcher’s ‘Dock’ settings
- The notification bar has been hidden in Nova Launcher’s ‘Look & feel’ settings
- Normalize icon size has been disabled in Nova Launcher’s ‘Look & feel’ settings
- Zooper Widget size is 4×3
- We are using the “elegant clock,” Vajra widget in Zooper
- Widget scaling is set to 79%
- For both icon packs, we used a custom app drawer icon found in the respective icon pack’s list of alternative icons.
- Folder and app drawer backgrounds were set to color code #ff7f7e7e in Nova’s folder, and app drawer settings.
About Steal This Look
Here at Android Guys, we’re huge fans of changing the home screen around a bit and creating a new user experience for our Android device. In fact, we love it so much that we have an ongoing series of Steal This Look posts. In a nutshell we show you a new layout, app, widget, or icon set for your Android device and tell you which apps you’ll need to mimic the feel.
Some of these are a little easier to create than others and many of them can be tweaked to no end. The above details are but the ingredients to which you can create your own delicious Android dish; your results will vary. Which is awesome! If nothing else, this is a great way to discover new apps, widgets, icons, and more!