A new version of the Google News mobile website has arrived for Android and iOS devices. Rolling out over the next few days, the mobile experience gets a UI punch-up that falls more closely in line with the desktop browser version. As is often the case, the United States will be the first market to see the changes. To get the new-look Google News website simply point your Chrome browser to news.google.com!
- Improved overall look-and-feel making it easier to read and track separate stories.
- Ability to customize the webapp to suit your taste by changing the theme from light to dark, the font size and opting for a larger “story card” with more information per story at your fingertips (from the Settings menu, at top right).
- Simplified navigation to any section within News; just click on the Google News icon (top left) to see a list of available sections (including any custom sections you created).
- Easier integration with Google Feedback located in the menu at the top right.
Additionally we have ensured that some favorite desktop features have been included such as:
- A weather gadget in the Local section.
- The popular “Editors Picks” option.
- Social posts from Google + related to the story are included in the article cluster.