MetroPCS today announced the carrier’s latest smartphone, the Android-powered LG Spirit, is now available. Among other details, the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich handset features a 4.5-inch display, 1.2GHz dual-core processor, 5-megapixel camera (rear), front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera, and 2150mAh battery. Priced at $199.99 after a $70 mail-in rebate, the 4G LTE-ready LG Spirit can be found at MetroPCS.com and in retail stores.
MetroPCS Goes Big Display, Big Value with New LG Spirit™ 4G Smartphone
Consumers can pair 4.5-inch touchscreen LG smartphone at $199 with 4G LTE plans starting at $40
DALLAS (January 31, 2013) – MetroPCS Communications, Inc. (NYSE: PCS) is going big in 2013 with the launch of the Spirit™ 4G, a 4.5-inch touchscreen Android™ smartphone from LG Electronics. The Spirit 4G packs top-of-the-line features in its sleek and stylish frame with a crystal-clear screen and 4G LTE connectivity for $199 plus tax after mail-in rebate – all with no annual contract.
The LG Spirit 4G builds on MetroPCS’ success with other LG 4G LTE models – the Esteem, Connect 4G and Motion 4G – by taking features and ease of use to the next level:
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 4.5-inch touchscreen with Corning Gorilla Glass® beautifully displays pictures, video and other content
- 1.2GHz dual-core processor and powerful 2150mAh battery provides easy multitasking throughout the day
- 5MP rear camera with helpful features like LED flash, Cheese Shutter, & Time Catch Shot to capture the right pictures at the right moments
- 1080p True-to-Life HD video recording for life’s moving moments
- 1.3MP front camera for video chat
- QuickMemo™ for convenient on-screen notation to express and share ideas
- joyn™ by MetroPCS capability delivers a unified and intuitive way to share content with enriched services like integrated instant messaging or chat, WiFi and video calling. The official joyn app can be downloaded via Google Play and the @metro App Store™.
- MetroPCS’ 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot service support (for an additional monthly charge
The value doesn’t stop with all the features found in the Spirit 4G thanks to MetroPCS’ recently simplified 4G LTE rate plans, which begin at $40 and offer unlimited 4G LTE talk, text and data for only $60 – taxes and regulatory fees included. The company also unveiled the best deal in town for unlimited on-demand mobile music service with access to Rhapsody for only $5 per month, available on all current Android and 4G LTE rate plans.
MetroPCS and LG are also kicking off the All-Star Spirit campaign, which benefits After-School All-Stars (ASAS), a non-profit organization dedicated to providing academic support, enrichment opportunities and health & fitness activities that equip participants with skills, experiences and relationships needed to succeed in middle school, high school, college and the 21st century workforce. MetroPCS and LG are supporting ASAS’ efforts to provide high-school readiness and after-school programming to middle schoolers to put them on the path toward graduation. Every LG Spirit 4G purchased online and in ASAS markets* will contribute to the donation that will have a direct impact on children involved in ASAS programming. More information about the campaign, which begins next week, can be found at www.metropcs.com/ASAS.
The LG Spirit 4G is available starting today in stores and online at www.metropcs.com for $199 plus tax after $70 mail-in rebate for a limited time.
For more information, please visit:
Details on rate plans and service features: www.metropcs.com/
MetroPCS Terms and Conditions of Service: http://www.metropcs.com/metro/
Press resources: www.metropcs.com/
Follow MetroPCS on Twitter: www.twitter.com/
Become a fan of MetroPCS on Facebook: www.facebook.com/metropcs
View MetroPCS’ latest videos: www.YouTube.com/
About MetroPCS Communications, Inc.
Dallas-based MetroPCS Communications, Inc. (NYSE: PCS) is a provider of no annual contract, unlimited wireless communications service for a flat rate. MetroPCS is the fifth largest facilities-based wireless carrier in the United States based on number of subscribers served. With Metro USA(SM), MetroPCS customers can use their service in areas throughout the United States covering a population of over 280 million people. As of December 31, 2012 MetroPCS had approximately 8.9 million subscribers. For more information please visit www.metropcs.com.
About LG Electronics USA
LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $49 billion global force and technology leader in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. In the United States, LG Electronics sells a range of stylish and innovative mobile phones, home entertainment products, home appliances, and air conditioning systems and energy solutions, all under LG’s “Life’s Good” marketing theme. LG Electronics is a 2012 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year. For more information, please visit www.LG.com.
* Promotion only valid online and at MetroPCS corporate stores in the Dallas, Orlando, Atlanta, LA, Las Vegas, San Francisco, New York and Miami metropolitan areas (the “Markets”) or online sales to residents of the Markets. Limit one donation per LG Spirit phone sold. No rain checks. Information concerning After-School All-Stars (ASAS) including financial, licensing or charitable purposes(s) may be obtained, without cost, by writing to Mae Tuck (5670 Wilshire Blvd, Ste. 620, Los Angeles, CA 90036), or by calling (323) 938-3232. In addition, residents of the following states may obtain financial and/or licensing information from their states, as indicated. Registration with these states, or any other state, does not imply endorsement by the state. Florida: A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE, WITHIN THE STATE, 1-800-435-7352. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. New Jersey: INFORMATION FILED WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL CONCERNING THIS CHARITABLE SOLICITATION AND THE PERCENTAGE OF CONTRIBUTION RECEIVED BY THE CHARITY DURING THE LAST REPORTING PERIOD THAT WERE DEDICATED TO THE CHARITABLE PURPOSE MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY BY CALLING 1-973-504-6215 AND IS AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET ATWWW.NJCONSUMERAFFAIRS.GOV/OCP.