Nearly two years after making its initial debut, YouTube TV has expanded to reach nearly 100 percent of the US market. Just in time for that big football game.
As one of our favorite ways to avoid cable and satellite operators, YouTube TV is Google’s way of delivering content from more than five dozen networks. For just $40 per month, customers can sign up with zero long-term obligation.
Since YouTube TV’s early days, it’s been important for us to create an experience that brings you the best of your favorite TV content. As part of that effort, we’ve offered local feeds from broadcasters, allowing you to catch up with the content that matters to you.
If you’re a Google loyalist, you owe it to yourself to give YouTube TV a shot. We’ve been hooked on it since day one and it pairs perfectly with an Android TV device like the NVIDIA SHIELD.
While YouTube TV has been slowly and steadily increasing its overall footprint, it has also been expanding its content, too. As of today the only key networks missing from the service are Viacom and Discovery.
Customers can add on extra networks such as AMC Premiere, Showtime, and NBA League Pass. Each comes with its own monthly fee which gets added to the overall bill.
YouTube TV Features
- Over 60 networks, such as ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC. Plus, popular cable networks like TNT, TBS, CNN, ESPN, FX and on-demand programming.
- A cloud DVR with no storage space limits. This enables subscribers to record live TV and never run out of storage space. Also, you can record shows simultaneously without using data or space on your device.
- The ability to watch YouTube TV on any screen – mobile devices, tablets, computers and TVs.
- Six accounts per household. Every YouTube TV membership comes with six accounts, each with its own unique recommendations and a personal DVR with no storage space limits.
- Half the cost of cable with zero commitments. A YouTube TV membership is only $40 a month and there are no commitments – you can cancel anytime.
To check whether YouTube TV is available in your area, head to the website and enter your zip code.