Android 4.0 Ice Cream now on almost 11% of devices

ICS11percent

With the release of Jelly Bean 4.1, some users are saying that Google should have waited. The cries of “Now I have another update to wait for” are being heard around the Andro-sphere. Now, Google has released the stats concerning how many devices are running each version of Android, ...

Read More

Tursion TS-102 Pico Projector Now Available

Is 4.3 inches not big enough for you? Then take a look at the Tursion TS-102 Pico Projector. This projector (running Android 2.1) is small enough to fit in your pocket, yet can give you projection up to 100 inches, with a resolution of 800 x 600. The projector also features a touch pad, hard... ...

Read More

“Rayge” of the Week: Cliq XT Not Getting Upgraded, Staying at 1.5

And here we go yet again. T-Mo news is reporting today that all you proud owners of a Cliq XT are getting the shaft when it comes to being upgraded to 2.1. Here is the official quote as to why from the Motorola Forums:

Read More

New Platform Versions Report Shows 83% of Android Phones Running 2.x

As we near the impending Gingerbread announcement and its subsequent rollout to handsets, the legacy builds of Android will continue to dwindle. Newer, more popular phones with later versions of the platform will rise up to account for more market share. Take Froyo for instance. Announced ...

Read More

Motorola Confirms 2.1 for the Cliq and Backflip

For those of you using the Motorola Cliq or the Backflip, we have some great news for you! Motorola is confirming that Android 2.1 is now officially available.

Read More

Hell Partially Freezes Over as the Moto Backflip 2.1 Rollout Begins.

As the title says, the wait seems to be over for owners of the Moto Backflip, as Engadget is reporting that the Android 2.1 update for said device is rolling out on a limited basis as of today.

Read More

Creative Brings Budget Tablets for Christmas!

We’re going to see more and more tablets as the Holiday buying season draws near, and with that volume comes the separation that we already see  in the phone market – the power user devices and the budget devices. Owning a Nexus one a few months ago was almost an elitist notion, and ...

Read More

Three out of Four Android Phones at 2.1 or Higher

Google’s latest platform version data is out, collected from the Android Market during the two weeks leading to November 1.  Most telling in the report is that 77-percent of Android smartphones are running either Android 2.1 (Eclair) or Android 2.2 (Froyo).  The breakdown of said ...

Read More

24 Hours with the Cliq 2.1 Update

I think the chief complaint behind companies who insist on having the own software overtop Android, be it Blur, Sense, or TouchWiz, is the delay in updates. Here I am, probably only a few short weeks, a month at most away from seeing Gingerbread Stock on my Nexus (I’m guessing – ...

Read More

Nearly Two Thirds of Android Users on 2.1 or Above

The now familiar Platform Version Chart has been updated at the Android Developers site, and for the period ending August 2, it shows nearly 2/3 of users on 2.1 or 2.2. Android 2.1 accounts for 59.7%, and 2.2 for 4.5%. Together, that’s 64.2%. With the rash of Froyo updates going out now, ...

Read More

Motorola Cliq Gets Android 2.1, Sorta

The Motorola Cliq has gotten some Android 2.1 love sooner than we thought. According to an anonymous tipster, there’s a leaked ROM floating around out there that appears to be an official T-Mobile 2.1 ROM. No, they’re not releasing 2.1 OTA just yet, but an August time-line seems to ...

Read More

Android 2.1 Hits Cellular South’s HTC Hero

Cellular South, one of the first mobile carriers in the US to carry Android phones is giving the classic HTC Hero the 2.1 update. Their website is showing instructions on how to download the update, and lists all of the features included. The site is pretty detailed so you shouldn’t have ...

Read More

New Android Fragmentation/Legacy Chart Shows 50% Running 2.1

Our favorite pie chart has made another appearance over at Google’s Android Developer site. As you can see, 50% of Android devices are now running 2.1, up from the last projection of about 45%.  This is most likely reflected by all the handsets we have seen get an update, and perhaps the ...

Read More

HTC Announced Release of 2.1 for GSM Hero

The long, way too long, wait for HTC GSM Hero users should be over soon. HTC Taiwan announced the release of 2.1 for this phone via their Plurk account. So… it should start today.  The CDMA version got the update just a couple of weeks ago but HTC has been pushing and pushing the GSM ...

Read More

Download This: 2.1 for Sprint Hero!

No more teases, Sprint Hero owners. No more waiting. 2.1 is here. Get yourself on over to HTC’s site for the download, then head to Sprint and follow the instructions. One big caveat:

Read More