We’d been hearing for a few months now that the next release of Android would either be Ice Cream or Ice Cream Sandwich. Both sound tasty to us and we’re looking forward to seeing the future of the platform either way. According to Google’s own …
It seems that rumors of Android 2.4 are back, but in a different form than we’d heard before. Rather than 2.4 as the next named release, Ice Cream Sandwich, word now is that it’ll be an incremental Gingerbread release, as when 2.1 updated 2.0 but retained …
It looks like Gingerbread isn’t fully out of the oven yet! Tweaker.net posted an article detailing a hands-on with a Sony Experia Arc that was running an unannounced Android 2.4!
Looking ahead at the tablet war about to go down in 2011, one name will figure very prominently in the battle: Nvidia’s Tegra 2 processor. The dual-core ARM Cortex A9 chipset will offer performance and experiences like we’ve only dreamed of thus far. The Snapdragon stuff we’ve been drooling over this year will pale by comparison. It seems that everywhere one turns, they see tablet makers promising something Tegra 2 powered. Everyone loves it, especially Google.
- Get This Look!
- Common Android Questions
- Where do I find apps and games?
- How do I uninstall apps or games?
- How do I add an email account?
- How do I create a new contact?
- How do I check to see if there is an Android update?
- How do I change the wallpaper?
- How do I toggle Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc?
- How do I add an icon or widget to the home screen?
- How do I lock my Android?
- How do I adjust screen brightness?