A couple of weeks ago, I requested input from people for business reasons why a device manufacturer would want to allow replacement firmware and/or root access on their devices. A report summarizing those ideas and others is now available — learn more in today’s very special episode of Building ‘Droids!
Donut may not be available for the T-Mobile G1. Then again, it may.
Android aficionados have a laundry list of things they would like to see added to Android proper. Some of these are being addressed in the so-called “cupcake” development path, but others are not. This begs the question: how are we going to get these things …
- Get This Look!
- Common Android Questions
- Where do I find apps and games?
- How do I uninstall apps or games?
- How do I add an email account?
- How do I create a new contact?
- How do I check to see if there is an Android update?
- How do I change the wallpaper?
- How do I toggle Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc?
- How do I add an icon or widget to the home screen?
- How do I lock my Android?
- How do I adjust screen brightness?