Chinese manufacturer ZTE has confirmed the Android-based Score M (MetroPCS, ) handset is susceptible to a backdoor security hole. Once enabled, the bad guys could gain root access and add, remove or copy data from the smartphone. Apparently the process starts with a hardwired device …
Computerworld recently reported that two vulnerabilities in Android have been patched by Google. The issues dealt with how Android handled SMS messages as well as the API in Android’s Dalvik virtual machine. Left unpatched, an Android device was susceptible to temporary loss of connectivity, dropped …
Charlie Miller’s back and he’s got a few people all worked up over Android’s security.Â Again. If you happened upon readwriteweb earlier today, chance are you saw the article on Android vulnerabilities.Â The sensationalistic headline had a handful of people worried that they couldn’t even …
- Get This Look!
- Common Android Questions
- Where do I find apps and games?
- How do I uninstall apps or games?
- How do I add an email account?
- How do I create a new contact?
- How do I check to see if there is an Android update?
- How do I change the wallpaper?
- How do I toggle Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc?
- How do I add an icon or widget to the home screen?
- How do I lock my Android?
- How do I adjust screen brightness?