Location-based treasure hunters will be pleased to learn that the official Geocaching.com application has come to Android. Available for pretty much all Android phones (1.5+), the app provides direct access to geocaching.com, and lets users find nearby caches using a combination of GPS, WiFi, and cell tower triangulation. The $9.99 title has been very popular for the iPhone so we expect GPS and LBS hounds will gobble it up on Android.
So you’re pretty good about getting outside and running or jogging everyday, but you are looking for something different. Might I recommend a new app for you called FastFoot? This GPS-based fitness title will have you changing up your route right away.
Google is now using the locations and speeds of their mobile users to help each other out.Â Rather than finding out where congestion is the hard way, the traffic layer now uses crowdsourcing to help users get a feel for real-time road conditions. For those …
- Get This Look!
- Common Android Questions
- Where do I find apps and games?
- How do I uninstall apps or games?
- How do I add an email account?
- How do I create a new contact?
- How do I check to see if there is an Android update?
- How do I change the wallpaper?
- How do I toggle Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc?
- How do I add an icon or widget to the home screen?
- How do I lock my Android?
- How do I adjust screen brightness?