According to a study released by Nielsen Research Android has taken over as the top smartphone OS in America.
Lookout Mobile Security has issued another report from their App Genome Project and it confirms what we’ve been hearing for a while now: the Android Market is maturing. For those of you who aren’t familiar, the App Genome Project is the world’s largest application dataset that basically shows mobile applications across platforms, and in our case, Android v. iOS.
So let’s say, hypothetically, you had that random family member who had been using an iPhone for a little while, and their jealousy of your phone caused them to desire to switch. If that story doesn’t work, insert your own. Chances are at least a …
Phandroid has just picked up an exciting scoop from a source that claims that New Toy Inc. is porting their widely popular online Scrabble clone, Words With Friends, to an Android device near you.
As Gingerbread was announced today, every other piece of Google news that is presented to anyone will pale in comparison to Android 2.3. However, it may please many of you to know that Google, the wonderful creator of the thing we love, is predicted to pass Apple in Mobile Advertising in 2011 (which is really not that far away).
Google has announced Google Books this morning on their blog, and it breaks into the market with many notable features.
- Get This Look!
- Common Android Questions
- Where do I find apps and games?
- How do I uninstall apps or games?
- How do I add an email account?
- How do I create a new contact?
- How do I check to see if there is an Android update?
- How do I change the wallpaper?
- How do I toggle Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc?
- How do I add an icon or widget to the home screen?
- How do I lock my Android?
- How do I adjust screen brightness?