In Brief is a compilation of notifications, rumors, and Android-related news tidbits, which for whatever reason, did not end up with a post of its own on AndroidGuys. These are things that we still feel are worth knowing, even if in a passing manner. Consider …
We all love Google Maps, and the wonderfully free things we get from it, but let’s be honest – it’s not always the most accurate. Haunted by the Beta tag, we trudge on in hopes that it will one day be perfect. For some, it’s worse, nigh unusable. Solutions have come and gone, but reallyit’s the standalone GPS guys who in the end have come to my rescue. The standalone guys with any brains have released apps that combine the best of both worlds, like the team at Navigon. It’s not cheap, in fact these are some of the most expensive apps in the Market.
Starting today, American Android users can finally get their hands on Navigon’s on-board navigation application, MobileNavigator. The includes some really terrific features including Reality Scanner, which meshes your phone’s camera with Navigon’s POI database to project them directly onto your screen.
- Get This Look!
- Common Android Questions
- Where do I find apps and games?
- How do I uninstall apps or games?
- How do I add an email account?
- How do I create a new contact?
- How do I check to see if there is an Android update?
- How do I change the wallpaper?
- How do I toggle Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc?
- How do I add an icon or widget to the home screen?
- How do I lock my Android?
- How do I adjust screen brightness?