PhoneFusion’s popular Visual Voicemail app, gone from the Android Market for about two weeks, is back and available for users to download once again. But it’s still not totally clear why it was pulled, and the saga is likely not over. As you may recall, …
Late last week, news broke that PhoneFusion’s Visual Voicemail app had been pulled from the Android Market by Google. Speculation has swirled since then about the reason why, but no explanation seemed to quite ring true. The extent of Google’s official statement is that “we remove applications from Android Market that violate our terms of service.”
However, after speaking with people with knowledge of the matter, we can rule a couple of speculative explanations out and take a stab at what’s likely the case. We’ll also see how Google could have avoided a lot of distress and bad press by handling the situation differently.
Yesterday, I had the pleasure of spending about a half hour with Michael Manna, the Chief Tech Evangelist of PhoneFusion.Â We discussed their Visual Voicemail application which saw its release earlier this week.Â Michael was a lot of fun to talk to as he brings …
At some point in the 4th quarter of 2008, G1 and other Android users will be able to see their voicemail as opposed to only hearing it.Â One of the coolest features to come packaged with the iPhone is the ability to pick the order …
- Get This Look!
- Common Android Questions
- Where do I find apps and games?
- How do I uninstall apps or games?
- How do I add an email account?
- How do I create a new contact?
- How do I check to see if there is an Android update?
- How do I change the wallpaper?
- How do I toggle Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc?
- How do I add an icon or widget to the home screen?
- How do I lock my Android?
- How do I adjust screen brightness?