Watch out Siri, Evi may be taking over! Amazon has reportedly bought a voice recognition app called Evi, as well as the company that created it, for $26 million according to TechCrunch sources. Evi, the Siri-like app that runs on both Android and iPhone, looks …
It goes without saying: Apple’s Siri is one of the main selling points of iOS. It just works, and it just works well. We know also that Google has been working on their own voice assistant in the Google X Lab. Now, according to the …
It seems like anytime that Apple launches something that’s already in existence, the media goes into maddened convulsions. Drop down notifications? Yeah, Apple wasn’t the first to that. Split keyboard on a tablet? Nope, not first for that either (and still not the best). Such …
Ever since Siri’s iconic entrance into Apple’s deck of playing cards, there have been a plethora of software entrants vying to usurp Siri’s place of double power: public recognition and actual functionality. There are several alternatives in the Android Market that come close–some even offering …
Google scoops up the restaurant and place recommendation tool for a presumed Siri competitor.
- Get This Look!
- Common Android Questions
- Where do I find apps and games?
- How do I uninstall apps or games?
- How do I add an email account?
- How do I create a new contact?
- How do I check to see if there is an Android update?
- How do I change the wallpaper?
- How do I toggle Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc?
- How do I add an icon or widget to the home screen?
- How do I lock my Android?
- How do I adjust screen brightness?