The message bus is a tried-and-true model in application development. Whether it is the humble Win32 message loop or full-fledged publish/subscribe message-oriented middleware solution, software components have long been publishing messages that other components receive, either by explicitly checking some message queue or by virtue …
In the last episode of “Building ‘Droids”, we covered how to handle a simple, one-criterion choice between two resource sets: whether we show English or Spanish strings. In that case, having two res/ subdirectories (res/values-en/ and res/values-es/), each with their own set of strings, was …
Welcome to the new â€œBuilding â€˜Droidsâ€ section of AndroidGuys! This column looks at Android from the developerâ€™s perspective, poking around dusty corners of the Android SDK, and showing how you can create interesting and effective Android applications. Today, weâ€™ll talk about how to have your …
- Get This Look!
- Common Android Questions
- Where do I find apps and games?
- How do I uninstall apps or games?
- How do I add an email account?
- How do I create a new contact?
- How do I check to see if there is an Android update?
- How do I change the wallpaper?
- How do I toggle Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc?
- How do I add an icon or widget to the home screen?
- How do I lock my Android?
- How do I adjust screen brightness?