The guys over at XDA-Developers (who else?) have finally gained permanent root access to the HTC EVO Shift 4G. This is a great advancement for the Shift. It’s kinda become an initiation rite for new Android devices. You haven’t made it as a device until someone’s rooted and overclocked you to twice your factory speed.
Gingerbread has been ported to the Htc HD2, originally a Windows Mobile device. No word on other devices getting it, but this is a step in the right direction for Gingerbread ROMs.
The gang of guys (and gals) over at XDA-Developers have made quite a name for themselves over the last few years. When it comes to forums for ROMs and hacking, it’s often among the first names mentioned. Effective immediately, the XDA-Developers is available on the …
Some of the best Android tips and leaks over the last year have come from xda-developers.Â Here’s a case of one that took a little over 4 months to come to fruition.Â All the way back in April, aÂ “senior member” from their forum had …
Tired of playing the Cupcake waiting game?Â Take things into your own hands.Â The XDA-Developers are always steps ahead of most folks and working on that next thing.Â This time around, that “thing” happens to be the new Android builds. Haykuro has ported the software …
- Get This Look!
- Common Android Questions
- Where do I find apps and games?
- How do I uninstall apps or games?
- How do I add an email account?
- How do I create a new contact?
- How do I check to see if there is an Android update?
- How do I change the wallpaper?
- How do I toggle Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc?
- How do I add an icon or widget to the home screen?
- How do I lock my Android?
- How do I adjust screen brightness?