If you’re in college, high school or any other school, there is a high likelihood that you are celebrating a week off with Spring Break now or sometime very soon. You can finally unwind from midterms, and relax in bed, on the beach, or in a coffee shop, and catch up or start a new series of tv shows with your week off.
We have five must have video apps that you need on your Android smartphone or tablet to catch up on some of the best videos available. Some of the apps will require a subscription fee, but there’s probably a free trial in there that can get you through Spring Break.
Check them out below.
If you don’t know YouTube you don’t know Android. The reason why YouTube is in the list is to remind you of all of the great content it has. YouTube even started creating its own original content which can be viewed with a subscription to YouTube Red. A subscription costs $9.99 per month, but there is a free 30-day trial available if you’re a new customer. If you are already a customer of Google Play Music, a subscription to YouTube Red is already included for free.
Find videos you’ll love fast
- Browse personal recommendations on the Home tab
- See the latest from your favorite channels on the Subscriptions tab
- Look up videos you’ve watched and liked on the Account tab
Connect and Share
- Let people know how you feel with likes, comments, and shares
- Upload and edit your own videos with filters and music – all inside the app
For $7.99 you can get a full subscription to one of the most popular video streaming services now – Netflix. There are thousands of commercial free videos, from award winning movies to award winning TV shows, Netflix has it all. Want to watch a documentary or an entire series over Spring Break? Netflix has you covered.
Check out top shows and movies from Netflix:
- Breaking Bad
- Orange is the New Black
- Master of None
- House of Cards
- DJANGO Unchained
- Black Hawk Down
How does Netflix work?
- Netflix membership gives you access to unlimited TV shows and movies for one low monthly price.
- With the Netflix app you can instantly watch as many TV episodes & movies as you want, as often as you want, anytime you want.
- You can Browse a growing selection of thousands of titles, and new episodes that are added regularly.
- Search for titles and watch immediately on your phone or on an ever expanding list of supported devices.
Game of Thrones. Need I say more? The most pirated series ever is coming back this April 24th. If you have a paid subscription to HBO through a cable provider, you can catch up on all of the Game of Thrones episodes before the new season starts. Of course there are other fantastic TV series you can watch like Sopranos, Ballers, Silicon Valley and more. There are also hundreds of commercial free movies available too.
If you don’t have a paid subscription through your cable provider you can get a subscription for $15 per month through the HBO NOW app.
Did you cut your ties with a cable company recently? That doesn’t mean you have to go without live TV as Sling TV has you covered. For $20 a month, you get live access to channels like ESPN, TNT, and AMC. You can download the Android app on your smartphone or tablet, and you can even use your subscription on devices like the Amazon Fire TV and Chromecast.
Watch the Best of Live TV. 7 Days FREE! 20+ channels, only $20/mo – including ESPN, Disney, HGTV, AMC, & TNT. With Sling’s Extras stream 65+ channels, like HBO. Live NCAA and NBA basketball, The Walking Dead, kid’s shows, movies, news & more. Watch anywhere on your TV, tablet, computer or phone. No annual contract. No hidden fees. Easy online cancellation. #TakeBackTV
Hulu Plus is the best place to watch current episodes and full seasons of the shows you love. Get unlimited instant streaming of 1000s of current-season and library TV shows and hit movies – anytime, anywhere with limited advertising for $7.99/month. You can try Hulu Plus free for one week and can download the app on a smartphone or tablet and can also be used with devices like the Roku, Chromecast and Amazon Fire TV.
- Watch current season episodes of hit shows like Brooklyn Nine-Nine, How To Get Away with Murder, Sleepy Hollow, South Park and many more.
- Enjoy current and previous seasons of Reality shows such as Top Chef and Keeping Up With the Kardashians; Kids programs including SpongeBob Squarepants and Caillou; Latino series and top telenovelas; Hulu Original series and much more.